USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: March 15, 2017
Yokel collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The Services are provided by Yokel, LLC (collectively “Yokel”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”), and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by Yokel.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement") applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services to send or receive coupons and/or advertisements, delivery, or other on-demand services (“Users”). This Statement does not apply to information we collect from or about distributors, couriers, partner transportation companies, or any other persons who use the Yokel platform under license (collectively “Distributors”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Distributor, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services for shipping, coupon delivery or redemption, we collect precise location data about the delivery from the Yokel app used by the Distributor. If you permit the Yokel app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Yokel app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Yokel app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Distributors, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Yokel and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements;
- Provide to third party services that we use for our Services, (e.g. Crashlytics and Fabric. You may learn more about their privacy policies at https://try.crashlytics.com/terms/privacy-policy.pdf.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Yokel subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yokel or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Access RightsYokel will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your shipment delivery location information from a Distributor’s device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at Yokel, LLC, Attn: Legal, 125 Half Mile Rd, Suite 200, Red Bank, NJ 07701.
DISTRIBUTOR PRIVACY STATEMENT (U.S.)
Effective Date: July 15th 2015
Yokel collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. For persons residing in the United States, the Services are provided by Yokel, LLC “Yokel” or “we”).
Scope and Application
This Distributor Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to distributors, couriers, partner transportation companies, and any other persons that use the Yokel platform under license (collectively “Distributors,” or individually “you”) and reside in the United States. This Statement does not apply to Distributors who reside outside the United States. The Statement also does not apply to persons (e.g. advertisers or consumers) who use our app or Services to request coupon delivery, coupon redemption, or other on-demand services (“Users”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Distributor, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Yokel may collect personal information from or about you when you create an account for, and use, the Yokel Services, including location data, which information may be stored, processed, and/or accessed by Yokel, as well as its service providers, for business purposes, including for marketing, lead generation, service development and improvement, analytics, industry and market research, and such other purposes consistent with Yokel’s and its Affiliates’ legitimate business needs. By submitting information to Yokel during the account creation process and/or by using the Services, you consent to such collection and use of personal data.
Disclosure of Distributors Information to Third Parties
Subject to all applicable laws, Yokel may provide to a third party any information (including personal data and any Yokel Data) about Distributors provided hereunder if: (a) there is a complaint, dispute or conflict, including an accident, relating to a Distributor; (b) it is necessary to enforce the terms of the distributor agreement; (c) it is required, in Yokel’s sole discretion, by applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, or operating agreement; (d) it is necessary, in Yokel’s sole discretion, to protect the safety, rights, property, or security of Yokel, the Yokel Services, or any third party; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or to prevent or stop activity which Yokel, in its sole discretion, considers to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
Location-Based Services Consent
You hereby expressly consent to Yokel’s use of location-based services and expressly waive and release Yokel from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from your use of the Yokel Services, or in any way relating to the use of the precise location and other location-based services.